SOLD - Morini 3 1/2 Sport K1 for sale - SOLD

Morini related only please
Greybeard

SOLD - Morini 3 1/2 Sport K1 for sale - SOLD

Post by Greybeard »

You may recall my rebuild/recommission of the Morini that I'd bought for my wife to ride last November
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5292
After spending much time and money, she has decided that it's too heavy for her so she'll not ride it :cry: Whilst it's a lovely bike to ride, it's not really my cup of tea - I'm a fan of old British singles and the odd twin - so it's been sat in the garage doing nothing. If I had the space I'd happily put it on a shelf just to look at but it deserves more than that. Reluctantly I've decided to sell it. I am in the process of fully restoring a Panther 650 single and the rear shock of my R100RT has decided to spit its oil out so the funds would come in handy.
I've done lots of work on the bike which sports a full stainless exhaust system, new starter clutch, raised Tarrozzi clip-ons, new Road Rider tyres etc etc.
The bike was imported and registered in the UK in 1999 with a manufacture date of 1982.
I'm only looking to get my money back so I'm after £3800 for it but would consider very near offers.
The bike is in East Yorkshire (Cottingham area)
PM me for further details

Cheers, Steve
HWV117X a.jpg
HWV117X a.jpg (230.98 KiB) Viewed 8683 times
HWV117X b.jpg
HWV117X b.jpg (238.15 KiB) Viewed 8683 times
Last edited by Greybeard on 07 Jan 2020 17:25, edited 2 times in total.
RedVee

Re: Morini 3 1/2 Sport K1 for sale

Post by RedVee »

She looks gorgeous, you have made a lovely job there. Such a shame your good lady feels it's too heavy for her. I am vertically challenged myself and have a 77 Strada which is narrower than the the later K series, this means I can get my feet on the ground easier and feel more stable. Maybe a 250 Morini would suit her better, my other half has one which rides beautifully and is so light and easy to manoeuvre
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks, RedVee. It is a bonny little thing and needs showing off now and again. I have seen a Morini 250 that turns up at one of our local meets. I was surprised by how much smaller they are than the 350. However, I think that any future bike for Mrs GB will have to be a lightweight, easy to ride Jap thing until she gets her confidence back. Strange when she used to ride my 1100 Virago when she first passed her test over 20 years ago :?
At least I know my Panther will be left alone :)

Steve
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

I've suffered with loss of confidence riding heavier bikes over the years, good girl that she has admitted it instead of trying to be brave and frightening herself. She will find the right bike and enjoy riding again. I have a Suzuki SV650 which I use for touring & long distance but love my Morini Strada too. I must admit I also love my old CB250RS which I thrash around on too.
Last edited by RedVee on 26 Sep 2019 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

Greybeard wrote: However, I think that any future bike for Mrs GB will have to be a lightweight, easy to ride Jap thing until she gets her confidence back. Strange when she used to ride my 1100 Virago when she first passed her test over 20 years ago :?
At least I know my Panther will be left alone :)
Steve
A few years bike my wife had a Virago 535 which we ended up lending to several newbies or people who'd dropped bikes and lost confidence. Being small, cheap, low and unthreatening it was ideal. No bodywork to trash either. Those, or even the 250 version, might be the answer.
Ming

Post by Ming »

One of my bikes is a Yamaha YBR250, which got me back into biking after an illness and which I find incredibly light and not a lot slower than a Strada. I also know a chap who rode a YBR125 from Newcastle on Tyne to the Sahara (and back) without problem. They are also quite easy to fiddle with, compared to most modern bikes.
TimG.

Post by TimG. »

Very nice bike.

Don't know how I managed to miss your previous interesting thread! If you still have the original set of black pipes I would be interested if they are in good condition.

As for the stripes debate, there are other options. These were NOS from NLM three or four years ago...
Attachments
Medium 1.jpg
Medium 1.jpg (404.67 KiB) Viewed 8580 times
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Lots of options to consider. I thought about Suzuki GN125 as a low seat, easy to handle jobbie, though the YBR125 might well be worth a look.

TimG - I do have the original black pipes, which if memory serves were quite usable. The front pipes were certainly sound as they were on it when I got the bike. I'll have a dig into the workshop tomorrow and let you have photos of them. I know the silencers are in a box behind a row of British bikes :oops:
If the paintwork hadn't been so good I would've sorted the stripes out, brochure pictures or not :wink:

Cheers. Steve
archimedes

Post by archimedes »

greetings,
that is a exemplary result in another 3 1/2 return
to glory.
i am interested in your color on the cast wheels -
is it powder coated and what is the code?
or
did you paint them and do you have the paint code?
the contrast of those wheels to your red is splendid
in my opinion.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks for your comments. the wheels are powder coated I believe but Im afraid I cant help with the colour. Theyd been done prior to me getting the bike.
Steve
Greybeard

Re: Morini 3 1/2 Sport K1 for sale - REDUCED now £3500

Post by Greybeard »

Any takers at £3500? It's got to go.

Steve
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Hi GB have sent a pm
Cheers John
teenybop1

Post by teenybop1 »

Hi john,,,did your bike sell ? Thanks Peter
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I havent yet :? Having said that Ive done nowt to advertise it elsewhere. Its now SORNed for the winter at least. Still open to offers though :D

Steve
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Sold pending cleared payment etc. Thanks, Peter.

Steve