Dart stickers

The Cagiva era Morinis
morini_tom

Dart stickers

Post by morini_tom »

I’m currently restoring a dart and will be getting some new stickers made for the frame/swingarm and bodywork.

Does anyone still have the chain adjustment and ‘Morini monosystem’ stickers on their swingarm who could send me some pictures?

I have a picture of the tyre pressure and type approval stickers to duplicate.

Somewhere I still have the artwork for all the bodywork writing from when I stickered up my carbon bodywork so I might get the dart 350 and motomorini stickers vinyl cut too.

If there’s any interest I am happy to do extra sets at cost price
Jammu

Re: Dart stickers

Post by Jammu »

Hi, I am also restoring Dart and I am interested in all the stickers, but mine is Dart 400.
I am not in rush with stickers - I have had my dart couple of years and now I have the frame sandblasted and painted and just installing the rear suspension.
Does the vinyl stickers resist overcoating with clearcoat?

Anyway I am interested for a set of stickers.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Did you ever get your stickers sorted out? Mine still has traces of the "Morini Mono System" stickers, if that's any help.
IMG_0610.jpg
IMG_0610.jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 12340 times
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I’ve done the type approval number and tyre pressures stickers (had the frame painted so needed to replace those too)

I’ve got good images of the monosystem one from which to create artwork, thank you, but I confess I’ve not yet got round to doing it.

Once the artwork is complete I’ll be sure to post on the forum before I have them cut incase anyone else wants a set.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Excellent, count me in for a set of stickers when you get them done...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Gian Stichermann on the FB Moto Morini Motorcycles group makes stickers...
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

So your message was a good nudge to get back on the computer!

I’ve drawn up a first draft of the monosystem sticker although as I’ve not got an original myself it’s hard to scale and copy exactly. But I reckon it’s probably close enough.

Also, although I have lost the artwork I did a few years back for the tank’s ‘moto morini’ and the sidepanel’s ‘dart 350, I do have the proof copies which I had done which I think my local print shop can easily scan and duplicate.

So I think I’m probably close to the point of finding out a cost for a batch.

So, If anyone wants any, let me know which sticker, and how many and I will come back with a bulk price.

By default the Stickers will be in the original dart colours I.e dark blue and then blue with black cebtre script for the monosystem

I can request other colours if wanted.

I will make sure they are cut from a quality automotive vinyl so will be suitable to stick to the bike with no overpainting. This is what I did on mine over 10 years ago and as you can see they still look good.

I’ll not order anything until I’ve confirmed price with everyone.

Pictures below of a printout of the monosystem artwork and also the vinyl I had cut for my dart in the past, which gives an idea of what the end product will look like.

Obviously I’ll be doing Dart 350 not Dart 501 stickers! I don’t have any artwork for the 400 but Jammu if you want one then if someone can send me a good high res picture of the 4 I can probably get that sorted too.
Attachments
0E78F612-0E63-49CF-A5F0-1DB011C2AE26.jpeg
0E78F612-0E63-49CF-A5F0-1DB011C2AE26.jpeg (39.22 KiB) Viewed 12307 times
E874CEB7-E5E8-47A2-9842-8C9F63A43482.jpeg
E874CEB7-E5E8-47A2-9842-8C9F63A43482.jpeg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 12307 times
1FDD430D-5196-48F6-84B0-66F41F2C398B.jpeg
1FDD430D-5196-48F6-84B0-66F41F2C398B.jpeg (30.63 KiB) Viewed 12307 times
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Looking good! Count me in for a full set of originals.
I don't need them just yet, but I have plans...
seventyplus

Post by seventyplus »

I would also like a set as my frame and fairing in particular will need painting as soon as I am clear of my engine troubles
Cheers, Wilson
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I've now had the proofs back from the signwriter and I hope you'll agree they look pretty good.

Things you learn- I hadn't actually realised the dart logos were (sometimes) handed- so angled to point towards the front of the bike. My original panels which don't look to have been repainted have the same sticker both sides. Maybe Morini ran out, or it was a Friday bike! Anyway, I've drawn up left and right hand versions now.

Attached picture shows the artwork along with the proof vinyls (the proofs have application masking tape over them in the photos). Also shown are a comparison of the Dart 350 logo vs the original and also one showing the colour match (it's as close as I can get)

The Monosystem sticker is I would say as good or better than the original. You can see a brand new original sticker with the yellowed backing, and alongside it are the new artwork, and then the vinyl proofs (2 part as it's a 2 colour cut)

There is a minimum order with the signwriter so I will be looking to place a single order.

Cost will be £30 delivered in the UK for a Dart set (i.e 1 x MM for the tank left hand, 1x MM for the tank right hand, 1x Dart 350 left hand, 1x Dart 350 right hand, 2x Monosystem.)

I am not intending to make money from this. If there is any surplus money once I have commissioned and dispatched the stickers then it will go into my local Royal British Legion Poppy appeal collection.

Stickers are cut from a quality vinyl. It's near on impossible to say whether they can be over-lacquered because there are so many different paint types. I can provide an offcut with your stickers so you can do a test paint if you like. I'll be applying mine on top of the paint I think.

Colours will be by default standard Dart (i.e. Navy lettering for the bodywork. Swingarm stickers are blue with black centre).

If you want different colours then that is possible- please let me know. (There may be a small surcharge for other colours).

If anyone wants 'Dart 400' (Jammu??) Then I am happy to do the artwork but I will need a good photo of the '400'. Can someone send me one?

Please confirm your orders with me as soon as possible.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 20.05.42.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 20.05.42.png (375.01 KiB) Viewed 11904 times
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

These look excellent, Tom. Count me in!
jb666

Post by jb666 »

Hi Tom,
Count me in for a set of Dart stickers - I'll email you a 400 pic. Also could I have 2 mono system in red for the Kanguro?

Cheers,

John.
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

400 artwork is now done, thanks to John for sending me some good photos of the originals.

I will be placing the order for the batch of stickers later on this week-

John a 400 set and an extra red mono system pair
Paul a 350 set
Les 2 red monosystem pairs
Ian a black mono system pair

Anybody else? Wilson? Jammu?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 23.31.41.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 23.31.41.png (92.17 KiB) Viewed 11744 times
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Excellent! Just let me know payment details etc.
seventyplus

Post by seventyplus »

A bit late with the reply but yes I would like a set just let me know when an how to pay.
Thanks, Wilson