The Seiemezzo

Anything to do with the 650 road bikes
corsaro chris

The Seiemezzo

Post by corsaro chris »

A picture, just in case you don't know what they will look like (probably)... This is from the Factory website, where there is far more info, including a data sheet which has yet to give power and weight figures...
Seiemezzo!
Seiemezzo!
74452280_2684530324944827_6131508978355535872_n.jpg (72.25 KiB) Viewed 11884 times
To me, this looks like an interesting option - as long as there is 'no weight added...'

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
nickst4

Re: The Seiemezzo

Post by nickst4 »

Hi Chris,

I've looked at the factory web-site, but there's little word about the engine, beyond being a parallel twin. Is it Morini's own, or something the clever Chinese have knocked up?

It's always a bit worrying to see a model listed as an entry-level machine. Cheap and nasty? I hope not! I have Cagiva's Raptors in 650 and 1000cc form (both Suzuki vee-twins) and the smaller one has a charming and lively character despite the deficit in power.

Can't say I like the current fashion for swing-arm-mounted gubbins. I shouldn't think you'd get any protection from water thrown up, but maybe it doesn't rain in Italy?

Nick
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Nick,

I think the engine is WK. They have raced in Super twins so should be reliable.

The mudguard at the back is, I think, to meet some construction regulation regarding the rear light having to be behind the wheel. Not sure, but somebody who has read the finer points will be along shortly to confirm... :)

Mike
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

MickeyMoto wrote:Hi Nick,

The mudguard at the back is, I think, to meet some construction regulation regarding the rear light having to be behind the wheel. Not sure, but somebody who has read the finer points will be along shortly to confirm... :)

Mike
Mike;

I'm sure you are right about that, or that bodywork has to project beyond the tyre. I guess the manufacturers have taken to heart that a high proportion of owners ditch the long tails in favour of scruffy 'tail-tidies'. The first example of the swing-arm-attached guard I know of was on the Cagiva Canyon and Gran Canyon (super bikes, especially the GC!) but the reg. plate and lights were still in the conventional position.

All good fun!

Nick
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

As Mickey said the engine is a WK so well proven and made in large numbers. I don't really get the style of this model but I do like the look of the X-cape version. As for quality and what we can expect for the price, we'll have to wait and see. If recent models from Royal Enfield, Benelli and some other badge engineered and re-born brands are anything to go by then I reckon we can expect good things. Good for the price that is and not some back handed swipe. I don't imagine it will compare to my VFR800x Honda for example but they cost twice as much. They can produce things to the required standards so lets hope they do it here. :-)
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Concerning price - they won't be cheap.

I recall something around 7,000 Euro for the base model and another 1,000 for the X-Cape. I like the look of the X-Cape, but I already have a Granpasso, and won't be changing that anytime soon (although - sods' law - the ignition key barrel has just seized up on me this evening; it obviously never rains in Italy)

Good riding,

Chris
"I'll use the Morini"
George 350

Post by George 350 »

Hmmm. What is it with the angled 'cover' on the engine? Is it a starter drive or something? From the picture it doesn't appear too maintenance friendly, and it looks like a swine to keep clean too. Lots of odd 'bits'. A cross between retro and latest 2020's styling wise, but doesn't say anything special - certainly not a stand out.
Will need to be priced really competitively to have a chance - as Steve alluded to, there is some good looking, well made stiff competition in the middleweight sector now.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6Dz-YCVCY :roll:
Since they will be on sale soon, what do you think of the two New Models? Line- Style colors etc. :?:
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I think they look good in the photos. Still do not like the rear mudguard.

https://motomorini.eu/moto/seiemmezzo/

Lighter than the X-Cape. Seat is lower, too.

Be nice as a Sport with clip ons! Now, there is a challenge.

Hopefully a grand cheaper than the X-Cape.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Thanks for the post Giuliano.

I wasn't expecting the red colourway, that looks quite sophisticated, like a mini Milano.

Isn't this the bike that everyone, at least in the UK said Morini should make for the last 15 years, a light middle capacity machine!
And both models STR and SCR show an upgrade path to a 1200 Milano or Super Scrambler, depending on your taste.
200Kg and 810mm standard seat height claimed.

Lets see the colour of your money!

@mickeymoto I agree about the rear mudguard thing, especially if it falls off like the 1200s,
though I have the upgraded one on the 1200 I am still not liking it at all. It seems its a regulatory thing.
In the UK we might not have to conform to that and can fit a tail tidy.

Mark
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Mark,

The modified mudguard is spot on in terms of not falling off, but still fugly.

I do like the look of the 61/2 Scrambler thing except the rear mudguard. I think this will sell better than the X Cape. I would love to try one.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

mbmm350s wrote: 06 May 2022 10:11
Isn't this the bike that everyone, at least in the UK said Morini should make for the last 15 years, a light middle capacity machine!
And both models STR and SCR show an upgrade path to a 1200 Milano or Super Scrambler, depending on your taste.
200Kg and 810mm standard seat height claimed.
200Kg is not really that light. Relatively so for a modern bike I suppose, but nearer 150Kg and a lower seat height required to interest me these days.
giumorin

Post by giumorin »

:D Saturday 11 March with some friends of the Morini Club Italia finally tried the Nuova Seiemmezzo, really an excellent bike I was on the STR Bianca
:shock: Ciao :arrow:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/giumorin/ ... 0306633365
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Thanks for sharing - looks like great fun!

We've just spent the weekend at the Scottish Bike Show, and MotoMondo, who handle the imports into the UK, had a stand there - their first for two and a half years, so possibly their first time out with Morini?

Both the Seiemezzo STR and SCR were on display, along with the X-Cape; we also had an X-Cape on the Club stand, and owner Mike Hill was happy to share his very good impressions. What was really good was that we had the brand manager from MotoMondo visit and share his - also good - experiences with the bike, and were lent a SCR to display on the stand. Cupar Motorcycles are the Scottish dealer and will have road test bikes available, as have a number of other UK dealers (Lancaster m/c have already had a road test day, where the sun shone for them...)

Good riding
"I'll use the Morini"