Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Club matters
milos123

Post by milos123 »

Hi Griffo,
remarkable history and collection.
Griffo

Post by Griffo »

I have just come in from the garage, I'm cleaning the carbs on the 3 1/2 sport. It's about time the little fella was fired up. It has been sitting for about 5 years. I really can't wait to get it fired up. It has original headers and a pair of upswept seamed lafranconi race pipes. It used to sound so good. I expect it will again when it get a chance to spring into life. Now my daughter want me to get a Corsarino on the road so she can ride it. I will have to put all the lights back on it. I have the Morini enthusiasm back. I wonder if I will get the old Ducati back into post classic racing. Maybe find some young rider to put on it!
Griffo
On the road again
John Bunting

Re: Welcome new forum members - introduce yourself

Post by John Bunting »

Hi all,
I have lived in Nigeria and a few other places for more than 30 years, I bought my 81 Strada 500 in 2000 and shipped it from the UK last year, I rebuilt the engine last Xmas, mostly out of curiosity, as it was in very good condition inside, while it was open I lightened all the go roundy bits and since putting it back together have fitted rearsetts.
I also have a much modified XR400, my normal Sunday ride, we do have a lot of bush to explore here.
My holiday toy back in the UK is a single seat Jedi race car with a much modded ZZR1100 engine giving 161bhp at 10500rpm at the wheels and an almost flat torque curve from 7000 to 10000rpm of 86ft-bl the car weighs less than 300kg so is a bit quick
I've had bikes from 13 years old and am bus pass age now, too late to look for a cure I guess
John
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi John;

Given what you own I guess that you would love the new Scrambler... 117 bhp but an almost flat torque curve and only 200 kg. Lowish seat height as well and a pure Lambertini engine :wink:

Welcome, and good riding!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
John Bunting

Post by John Bunting »

Thanks for the welcome Chris, I must admit I fancy the Corsaro advertised by Splodge more than a scrambler, pure indulgence tho'
John
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

Hi guys.....my name's Brett, I'm a 43yr. old Sheet Metal Tradesman, married to a lovely lady by the name of April.
We live in a blessed part of the world called Loganholme, situated in the south eastern part of the state of Queensland, Australia.

There are many, many nice riding roads to be found in our little part of the world and we are lucky enough to be situated about a 15min. ride from the base of Mt.Tamborine which is covered in subtropical rainforest and twisty bike roads. There's also a nice selection of pubs, cafes and "touristy" little trinket shops sprinkled around the mountain to help you score extra points with the pillion.

As a third generation motorcyclist I've been into bikes longer than I can remember, I started out in the dirt at the age of seven and have been continuously riding ever since.
Having said that I've owned a relatively small number of road bikes in my "career".

My first roadie, at the age of 17, was a Yammy RD250lc which, by the time I sold it, was highly modded for both performance and aesthetics. She was heaps of fun, as well as teaching me most of the hard lessons the hard way.
I waited a whole year after graduating to my unrestricted license before selling the RD and buying a Kwaka GPz750zx, which turned out to be completely underwhelming after so long on a highly strung little stroker.
I promptly solved that problem by one day chasing an embarrassingly quick bicycle rider through a roundabout, I would have got him too if it hadn't been for the fresh rear tyre on the GPz going "No way man!" End result; one written off Kwaka, one bruised arse and one extremely red face.

Bad things sometimes lead to good things and this little incident directly led to to a childhood dream coming to fruition. In May'89 I purchased a genuine 1978 Ducati SSD 900.
A rare and sexy model from (at the time, in this country) a rare,and sexy breed.

Over the past 20+ years I've come to realise that the relationship between me and the Ducati is one of custodianship as much as one of ownership, they say that bikes are like cats in that they choose their owners and not the other way 'round, and that's the reason I believe that it took me until Nov.'08 to take delivery of another bike.
Don't get me wrong, I've been lucky enough,somehow, to have sampled a fine array of bikes in between, without actually having to get rid of "The Duke". Even so, I realised quite a few years back that she was getting too old and too expensive to treat as an everyday/weekend ride.
I knew I needed something new and I always saw myself as a future Ducati Monster owner, that was until I first laid eyes on an '05 copy of "Two Wheels" mag featuring a red and silver "rebirthed" Moto Morini Corsaro 1200 on the front cover.

It wasn't quite love at first sight but somehow it developed into an obsession anyway.
Three years later I test rode the best that Ducati had to offer at the time including The S4RS Monster and 1098,even so, one day I found myself parking a brand new Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce 1200 next to my faithful old Duke. Life hasn't been the same since!

This is only the second forum of any kind that I've registered with, for the last eighteen months or so I've been a member of "Two Wheels Forum", Australia. It's been both fun and enlightening, but apart from my own contributions there is very little Moto Morini specific content to be found. Imagine how stoked I was to discover "you guys" the other night?
Check it out anyway, we've got a healthy membership and there's more than enough stuff on there to keep a passionate rider entertained for....oh...at least an hour!! http://twowheels.com.au/forums2/index.p ... d389f00f3e
Just watch out for the moderator, he's a grumpy old bastard that doesn't suffer fools gladly, unless they've got a good sense of humour or they're providing good fodder for the rest of the crew!

I'm really looking forward to discussing all the joys, problems and fears of owning one of the most exciting, most sexy and possibly most endangered species of motorcycle on the planet with a bunch of people who are lucky enough to know what I mean.

Cheers...........Brett.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Brett -

And welcome to a Forum that will help you get the most out of using that Morini :D

and whatever else you might have!

Good riding

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Weeveetwin

Re joined after 20 years away

Post by Weeveetwin »

Hello all - My names Richard, and I have been away from the MRC for over 20 years! I bought my first
Morini, a 1983 Sport (K) back in 1984 from a very nice lady in Birmingham who said if I pay off her outstanding finance, the bike was mine. Parted with the £1000 and rode it home over the Pennines - with a great sense of satisfaction. Joined the MRC and had some excellent rides out with a fairly active Yorkshire branch, meeting once a month at Hebden Bridge.
Once the kids came, the bike ended up in the garage and started looking extremely forlorn and unloved until a few years ago when I shelled out to get the paintwork done - which had seemed to fall off during the storage, a new seat cover, and a few replacement parts (which were rusted beyond repair).
After a year on the road I succumbed to a visit to NLM to take a tentative test ride of a 9 1/2 which suffice as to say I was completely hooked!
The only mistake I made as I rode the gleaming 9 1/2 home an hour later, was to have part exchanged my 3 1/2 which had been a friend for the last 25 years.
Although I absolutely love the power and smoothness of the 9 1/2, I have missed the fun factor of the 3 1/2 so have recently picked up a 1977 sport which will be stripped and put back on the road later this spring.
Anyway, it's nice to be back and hopefully as the weather improves there will be a number of opportunities to get together with other Morini riders in the East Midlands for some exhilarating rides this year.
alan j

Post by alan j »

Wow!!It must be spring! all of a sudden the forum has "come alive!" I've only been around for I think 10 or 12 years or so-I'm infamous for long continental trips on my other Vee twin-a Vincent and sidecar-but have been down to Italy twice on my Morini 500, travelled quite a bit on my Kanguru, and go "Broom, broom" on my "Dart". Let's hope the factory survives! :lol: :lol: :lol:
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I know the feeling, Richard - having part exe'd the Dart for a Corsaro I had to buy it back 18 months later; but in my case NLM had done an engine re-build in the interim (too many years of neglect, sad to say :( ).

We'll look forward to seeing you out and about - look out for the Cadwell track day at the beginning of September and the AGM before that a little closer to home...

Welcome to the forum, and long may your Morini wheels turn (as AWF used to say when editor...).

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
georasa

Post by georasa »

Hellow from Spain,
I recently buy a 1200 scrambler, which is "fantastic"!!!
The last one was a Triumph scrambler.
R.
stillooking

Post by stillooking »

Hello, from the UK
collieek

Post by collieek »

Hi

I have just bought a 1200 Corsaro with a set of termis on it.
I have had a 996S for the past 4 years and decided on a change. I wanted a something I could use for the back roads and could do a few track days as well. I was going to go back to a supermoto but did not want to be worrying it was going to blow up all the time.
I saw a couple of Corsaros on e bay but had not seen one on the road had a ride over to NLM and was hooked went and bought one off e-bay the next day, the most fun I have had for a long time. :mrgreen:

I usually get over to Ashby Folville and other bike meets around the East Midlands if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Paul
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you enjoy your Corsaro.
To have chosen well, secondhand Corsaro's represent good value, it should serve your purpose well.
If you want to track day come along to Cadwell on 2nd September. Full details on the site and whats more if you become a member you receive a discount :D

Regards

Paul
peterc

Post by peterc »

Hi, I'm Peter, living in Kent, and this is my second time around with Morini ownership. My previous beauties where a MK 2 Camel and 500 Sport. Thanks to Dave in Southampton deciding he needed the space I'm now really chuffed to have a 501 Camel to play with..great bikes to ride & fettle, and despite some worries about spares it still seems possible to keep them going.

Hope to get up to the Track day & maybe the meet in Clapham, if its still active?
Attachments
IMG_2048.JPG
IMG_2048.JPG (97.43 KiB) Viewed 25042 times
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 25042 times