Remanufactured bodywork

The Cagiva era Morinis
morini_tom

Remanufactured bodywork

Post by morini_tom »

The UK Morini Riders Club is in the process of having dart bodywork remanufactured, because too many of these beautiful bikes are beginning to show their age with brittle and cracked plastics.

We have engaged an established fibreglass bodywork manufacturer and entrusted him with a complete set of original dart fairings from which to take moulds. Because of the amount of work to produce the moulds, we need to order a minimum batch of 10 sets of bodywork. After the initial batch, we can’t be sure we will be able to do a repeat batch, and we do not intend to hold panels in stock.

Much like the aluminium fuel tank project a few years ago, the Morini Riders Club does not intend to make a profit from the manufacture and sale of these, we are just helping to facilitate a ‘group buy’ to help keep these bikes on the road. We can’t yet give an exact cost but we anticipate the cost for a compete 6 part set (both sides front and rear, screen and tank cover) in white gel coat to be £500 + postage.

The tooling is next on our supplier’s job list so we are keen to get a commitment from anybody who wishes to order a set as soon as possible, so that we have an idea of numbers. We hope to have the panels coming off the production line before the end of 2022.

Please let me know if you would like a set
Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 14.19.33.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 14.19.33.png (106.52 KiB) Viewed 10795 times
clanger9

Re: Remanufactured bodywork

Post by clanger9 »

I'm 100% up for this!
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Any chance we could get the rear hugger made as well? Mine is damaged and I can't find a replacement...
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

...oh, and might as well do the front mudguard while we're on :-)
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Very possibly, we can certainly ask once the main panels are a bit more progressed.

I’ve already provided my bodywork to take moulds from, but I don’t have a decent front or rear mudguard, so we would need someone willing to lend one.
nr.

Post by nr. »

morini_tom wrote: 13 Oct 2022 20:56 I’ve already provided my bodywork to take moulds from, but I don’t have a decent front or rear mudguard, so we would need someone willing to lend one.
Mine are OKish - and I'm happy to lend them to take patterns from if that helps.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Awesome! Having the main panels will be a big step forward to keeping these on the road...
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Just an update on this, the prototype panels are now done and look good. The cost in white gel coat will be £550 plus postage (collection is possible if you prefer)

We will be fitting them up to a bike in the next week or so and then will be giving the green light for production.

You can pay a £50 deposit on the club’s products page to secure your place in the queue, and the balance of £500 will be payable when your set is done.
teenybop1

Post by teenybop1 »

I would love to see these when you have them fitted to a bike.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Any news on the new panels?
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Sorry for the delay in replying to this, I’ve been away.

YES! There is finally some news- thanks for everybody’s patience.

We displayed the prototype panels at the Cadwell trackday and following on from that, we’ve instructed the first batch to be manufactured.

There will be more info in ATG

More news soon when they start rolling off the line.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Excellent!
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

There is a photo in the latest issue of ATG, mine arrived today.
jdening

Post by jdening »

Possibly a silly question, but if anyone is buying a set and not using it *all*, I need just a headlight surround.