GP Engine protection bars

Anything to do with the 1200 GranPasso series
MysterG

GP Engine protection bars

Post by MysterG »

Hi all gp owners , I have found a company that is able to fabricate engine protection bars for my gp, it is quite expensive for just one set however if I can find at least another 4 orders it'll bring it down to a couple of hundred each is this something that others would be interested in please reply if you are interested , Gordon
MysterG

Re: GP Engine protection bars

Post by MysterG »

So that'll be a no then 😂
Painter

Post by Painter »

Have you any pics of the design
ogr1

Post by ogr1 »

I would be interested.
Pics & price would be good.
Just a thought... How about a centre stand?
Carpe Diem Nil Desperandum
mikebbikes

Post by mikebbikes »

Not for me, I am on a mission to see how light I can make mine.
Painter

Post by Painter »

Hi all
Yes I agree, lighter is better certainly as I am getting older, I have removed the pillion footrest frames, rear grab handles and indicators, made up some new mounts for conventional led indicators much better in my opinion. It’s actually quite difficult to reduce weight, I have tried lighter exhausts in the past but the standard one is just so well made and suits the bike.
A fender extender helps keep the crud from blocking the rad.
They are amongst the lightest in there class and still have very few competitors.
ogr1

Post by ogr1 »

MysterG wrote: 05 Jun 2023 14:07 Hi all gp owners , I have found a company that is able to fabricate engine protection bars for my gp, it is quite expensive for just one set however if I can find at least another 4 orders it'll bring it down to a couple of hundred each is this something that others would be interested in please reply if you are interested , Gordon

Any news on the engine bars?
A sample sketch of the design?
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

Hello everyone sorry for the long delay only just got the bike back from the fault code problem , new battery new relays but still no headlights but that's another issue . when I've got the bike sorted ill take the bike to the fabricators he'll keep the bike and ill ask him if he could do a rough sketch of what they would look like if that's ok with everybody . Gordon
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

Hi, I took the bike back down to Mark this morning and we spoke about the engine bars , he said the best he could do is if I sent him pictures of the left and right side of the bike he could draw onto it the general shape of the bars and where they would be attached, I said I'd like it to be more round to keep with the flow of the frame than sharp corners/edges. as far as booking in the job he said about December time , that's ok with me but how do you all feel on that. I am planning on taking it off the tarmac doing a little adventure riding so the frame will be more along that oreintation , he did say that once he has the bars/frame cut to size and shape he will get me to go down and confirm how it looks and attaches before welding anything , he also said that it comes powder coated if need be. hopefully I've covered everything if not just message. Gordon
ogr1

Post by ogr1 »

Sounds promising.
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

he is busy so as soon as he sends it I'll post it
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

I am hoping to have the gp swingarm fixed by December so I can still get the crash bars, I'll chat to him tomorrow/Monday and see if I do have to pull out from getting the crash bars if it'll effect the price of the bars , I shall also talk to him about a centre stand but I'll start another topic as not to confuse numbers with this topic. G
ogr1

Post by ogr1 »

It's been a while.
Any more news regarding engine bars?
MysterG

Post by MysterG »

Hi everyone , I had a word with him and he said he had a machine go down so he's backlogged ,I'm going to have another word with him Friday .