oil leak

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
whitmore3150

oil leak

Post by whitmore3150 »

HELP!!!! Problem Im having is im getting oil in my water coolant. Its not great amounts.. so my question is A) is it cylinder head gaskets or ive heard B) that its something to do with water pump ?
On another note which is peeing me off. The oil level window has become . For want of a better word blacked out.. is there a way to remove glass to clean it up ( so I can see level ) or is it a bigger job to get to it . Any help would be much appreciated .
Corsaro boy
MonstroMorini

Re: oil leak

Post by MonstroMorini »

It can be either.... or both ;) Maybe a compression test could indicate faulty head gasket. Normally, water would get into the oil and would leave "mayonaise" at the oil fill screw or in the airbox if it is the head gasket.
To remove the right carter, first remove the waterpump, the clutchhousing can stay in place.
Then remove all screws and you van take it off.... try to be careful in order to save the casket. If it is broken, you can use threebond (ducati) instead of gasket.
After removing, it is easy to clean the glass and inspect/replace the waterpump seals.
whitmore3150

Post by whitmore3150 »

Thanks for the reply monstro... I gather you mean r/hand engine and water pump cover ? As im not that technically gifted . Ask me to break something im ur man lol . Will get new water pump gaskets and do the job .
Once again many thanks . John
twisty

Post by twisty »

Rubber o ring behind water pump has been known to fail and can lead to a mayonaisse looking mix in the coolant.

That's probably what's up and the simplest to fix.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

Yes, sorry, the right hand engine cover I meant.