Finally did it

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Thatch

Finally did it

Post by Thatch »

Well, I finally found and bought a Scrambler. I've posted here a couple times before asking so questions as an interested non-owner. This will be my first post as an official Morini owner. I just bought a 2010 Scrambler to compliment my 2010 Triumph Thunderbird 1700. The scrambler is a great compliment to the Tbird, able to do all the things the bird can't do while the bird provides the things the scrambler doesn't do well. I couldn't be happier with the mix. I know the traffic here isn't exactly heavy, but hopefully I'll be able to get a few questions answered along the way. This is my first Morini so I'm sure I'll have quite a few.

Here she is right after the pickup from Italy.

Hopefully, eventually I'll have a few answers myself.
corsaro chris

Re: Finally did it

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Thatch, and welcome to the Forum!

Looks a lovely bike - there'll be a few envious looks at the photos from us in the UK. Is it brand new from the Factory or an unused / unregistered bike from a Morini / other dealer? Keep us posted as to your experiences, they are quite rare bikes.

And - good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Thatch,

Great combination of bikes.
You will not be disappointed with the Scrambler.
Love the colour scheme and the extras.
Look forward to your thoughts and comments once you have put some miles on her.

Regards

Paul
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Thanks for the welcome. The bike is lightly used, with 5k km on the clock. The bike is from a former Morini employee who built the bike for himself, and is the reason why it has (nearly) all the options, and some that weren't ever options. The bike came with the Termignoni exhaust, ohlins shock, sump guard, headlight grill, tank and tail bags and the peg support frame is from a Granpasso which makes for a lower peg height and better room for my rather long legs. It came with a box of original parts (exhaust, radiator side plates, street sump cover and the nicest extra, an extra fuel tank. It was too good of a deal to pass up for someone that's been coveting the scrambler for several years now.

The bike is worlds away from the Thunderbird, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I have no desire to fill a garage with multiples of the same type of bike... nor, to have ones that everyone else has. I think a custom painted / modified Scrambler is awfully far down that road I'm happy to say. I'm still waiting on the export papers to show up so I can register it so I'm just taking the short ride around when I get too weak to resist. My plan in to outfit the bike with some hard panniers to do some touring in Eastern Europe next year. We'll see if I can track down the right folks to help me out on that one.