Timing marks

The 3 1/2 forum
Pissedandbroke

Timing marks

Post by Pissedandbroke »

Hi can anyone tell me witch timing marks I should use for a 1976 sport I've set the tappets on the horizontal mark on the left hand side of the crank case . I've rebuilt the engine and haveing problems starting it I have spark and fuel but nothing's happening although I did get a little sputter at one point .
Tom

Re: Timing marks

Post by Tom »

Long solved by now? Reminds me when i had the rotor 180 degrees out, kick, spurrt, kick, spurt, more kicking, more spurrting
Pissedandbroke

Post by Pissedandbroke »

Had a lot of problems tying to start her even built a rolling road the problems ended up being faulty pick up .it would show a spark outside the head prity weak though .
Luckily when I bought the bike there were some spares coil's and a pick up so all good now Tom
Tom

Post by Tom »

Always blame them old pickies huh! :mrgreen:
Pissedandbroke

Post by Pissedandbroke »

The pickup I replaced it with was older than the original one . I also might have forgotten to mention when I got it cylinders rebored useing the blue book dimensions of .050-.055 clearance when I did aventaly get it started 10 km up the road it sized on me . At this point I'm geting pretty good at dismantling the top end back on to the forum and there it is the clearance needed to be doubled . This was one of many mistakes .
I don't know if the tight clearance had anything to do with the hard starting .
It will start from cold on the fist or second kick now so I'm prity happy now .