Rough running

The 3 1/2 forum
72degrees

Re: Rough running

Post by 72degrees »

U tube is the weapon of choice for a Morini. I've never tried to balance anything with more than two chokes, but then I've never owned anything with more than two carbs :wink:
unreal

Post by unreal »

Thank you everyone!

I feel a lot more confident tackling this now.

I will post what happens...

And hopefully leave you in peace.

Thanks again.

Simon
dunk 1

Post by dunk 1 »

Hi - one message in this thread says that the seals on the idling mixture screw may be missing - what form do these take as mine are just screws and springs and this may be the reason one of my idling mix screws has no effect on the carb whatsover - apaologies for hijacking someonelses query - thanks - duncan
dunk
stillooking

Post by stillooking »

they should have little 'o' rings, have a look on the Dell Orto uk site, they've got exploded diagrams etc
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

If you have fitted new silencers you may have to change the main jets but after a few hundred miles they will need changing back or at least mine did.
Ralph
1975 Strada 3 1/2
Knott End NW UK

Image Image
unreal

Post by unreal »

Hi all, well having taken bits of advice from the many replies, I bought an ultrasonic tank and thoroughly cleaned the carbs (including the jets in toilet cleaner!). Carefully put them back together with 1mm of slack in the cables, one turn out on the mixture and hey-presto one beautifully running Morini!

Next weekend I will check the balance but I was just too ******* cold to wrap my head around that today.

So thank you everyone for sharing your pearls of wisdom.

Simon