End of Tether

The 3 1/2 forum
Paz2112

Re: End of Tether

Post by Paz2112 »

tankstraddler wrote: On the subject of blue book wiring diagrams, do they correctly show the position of the various connectors on the fuse board? My connectors do not completely correspond.
Having just rewired my bike as part of my restoration, I can tell you that most likely it will not exactly match the diagram, not because someone changed it but because the guy in the factory building your bike that day had other ideas. Mad but true unfortunately (its part of the charm ... apparently). Also note that the fuse box/main board connections are not all the same. Take it off and look at the copper connections at the back, they are not simply top to bottom connections. Some are grouped and some connect multiple points as well, so be aware of this and you may get the answer to some of your puzzled looks when trying to make sense of your bike in relation to the diagram. Before I checked this I could not understand why wires were running from the front of the bike to the back just to be (as it appeared) connected together. In fact they were connecting with multiple wires.

Lastly I suggest that you bring separate earth wires for everything required back to the frame from the front, instead of trying to earth the headlight and use this. Good earths (clean, bright and where required replaced) will fix a huge number of gremlins on the Morini. I took a separate earth back for indicators, side light, main light and dash lights.

Good luck, you are doing this at the same time that I am rebuilding my bike so I will follow you closely.
My Other Italian V-Twin is an Italian V-Twin