Good Design

The 3 1/2 forum
Emmohaswheelsagain

Good Design

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi All,

Who said modern motorcycles have all the good design features.
Had the misfortune today to have an elderly car driver back into my 3 1/2
I only popped into the local supermarket for some milk.
Despite loosing some fuel with the bike on its side the solid footpegs saved the bike from serious damage.
I'm only pleased it wasn't the 9 1/2, that might have been more difficult to pick up off the floor.
Anyway another lesson in life, only park where a solid object exists between you and the nearest car.

Safe Riding

Paul
Daddy Dom

Re: Good Design

Post by Daddy Dom »

Yup, it's a real sh*tter when that happens. Mine suffered the same indignity and then, another time, fell off its sidestand on a tricky road camber. I couldn't find the correct dog-leg clutch lever, so bought a whole new Domino mount and lever. It's a little shorter but I'm used to it now. That was it, though - not too bad at all. :)
I believe (urban myth?) that in Japan, you are not allowed to ride any bike you can't lift up again from the floor.
Cheers,
DD
MRC 3082½
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear about the Strada: I hope it's not too badly damaged. Sometimes I think we should bring back capital punishment - it's the only thing these car drivers understand...

When I had my Kanguro I once toppled over when I pulled up on a steeply cambered road, but at least I had the sense to keep my leg underneath it to save it from any damage.

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

I think the lesson is: don't drink milk when you ride motorcycle. This is dangerous stuff!

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Thanks Bruno I'm just pleased I didn't buy the full fat milk!
Only damage is to the foot peg which should straighten itself when I get it in the vice.
I can count myself luck really he could have run over the bike completely.
Next time I walk round to the shop.

Safe Riding

Paul
alan j

Post by alan j »

Paul, you need one of those alarms that say-" "move away! you are too close!" :twisted: :twisted: