Kanguro X3 still for sale

Morini related only please
Van883

Kanguro X3 still for sale

Post by Van883 »

Moto Morini Kanguro X3 1989 for sale. Fitted with 18" alloy rims, fork brace and Krauser panniers. Frame has been powdercoated and there is lots of stainless. Stainless pipes and electric start. Nice overall condition. Original rims come with the bike. I bought this on a whim from a club member last October and haven't ridden it at all! The bike is taxed to the end of June and tested to mid July.
I have decided to limit myself to one Morini and that is the Camel mark one which I am going to restore. Probably using a disc front end with a Kanguro front wheel and speedo drive.

I am asking £850 ovno for the Kanguro. call Van on 0115 9268749. The bike is in Nottingham. I have had a couple of timewasters contact me-so please do so only if you are interested. Thanks
Van883

Post by Van883 »

Not one enquiry!!!
I guess it will end up broken for spares via ebay when I get time....
Jem

Post by Jem »

Sorry you've had no interest. Do you have any pictures?

I would but I'm building almost exactly the same style as you have: X3, 18" wheels, ss pipes, and my own secret development - hugger mudguards front & back. I think it'll make a great tourer with a relaxed riding position and good tank range (making a mockery of modern bikes).

I'm planning on using it for the factory visit next Autumn (2009) and it would be good to travel with someone similarly mounted rather than trying to keep up with modern 1200cc models.
Van883

Post by Van883 »

Here are some pics-not bad for what i am asking I think!

cheers

Van
Jem

Post by Jem »

Very nice!

I could have saved myself a lot of work. I used the fork brace to mount a 2mm aluminium plate to which an aftermarket plastic motocross mudguard is rivetted. At the rear a bracket bolted to the swinging arm just below the shock mount and single side brace to the brake caliper holds a wide mudguard close to the tyre.

I think it would be worth re-advertising in ATG and on the website (with pictures).

If you do decide t break for spares call me first.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

That looks good - at that price and it that condition I'd be tempted - although I'd have to get one of the boys to buy it (no space in my shed, d'ya know... :cry: )

Jem is right - it should be advertised in ATG. Better still, ride around a couple of people at Cadwell and see it sell.

Envious... you bet!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
robinh44

Post by robinh44 »

Van

I can only agree with the others, looks superb I am suprised it has not sold for £850, if I had the money I would buy it. Shame I did'nt see it 2 years ago, I probably would'nt have created my kanguromoto bike and would have bought yours. Good luck with selling it.

Robin
1984 Kanguro X1 home built special.
'Using yesterday's technology to create tomorrow's problem's today'
Emmohaswheelsagain

3 1/2 Kanguro

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Is the bike still forsale?
Although I have one Morini already the bike obviously needs a home.
What mileage has the bike done?
Van883

Post by Van883 »

Emmohaswheelsagain-I have sent you a pm-the bike is still available.
I have been away on holiday.
cheers

Van
Emmohaswheelsagain

Kanguro

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I have sent you a PM
tootsnpurple

bugger

Post by tootsnpurple »

Bugger I used to have one just like that, & im in nottingham, I would snap your hand off, bett its gone!!!!
Van883

Post by Van883 »

Yes, it finally sold-no one seemed to want it for ages and I was planning to break it.

Van
tootsnpurple

dam

Post by tootsnpurple »

Dam I'm gutted, would have loved it, if only I had found this forum earlyer!
I'm watching carefully a 501 camel on evilbay at the moment, with memories of my Kangaro.
Maybe I will get one yet, all the best.
Toots.

I stil have this pic, in my wallet, taken in the early nineties, my sons 18 now. 8) Image