most upgrades carried out
currently sorned/mot'd
£4250

p.m if interested
Tricky

Re: corsaro 1200 for sale

Post by Tricky »

Twisty,
Thats a lot of bike for little money. I spoke with the managing director of 3x today, amongst other things he said they are activly looking for these bikes still. It might pay you to speak with Adrian in the Italian section.
Our bikes are very similar I paid £5400 for mine.
all the best
Rich
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

Certainly is a lot of bike but how long does it take to get basic spares for it? That's the reason for low prices not because there is anything intrinsically wrong. Insurers also know a thing or two about that too.

I have experience of this scenario when Harley Davidson pulled the plug on buell. The bikes are fine but promised parts take ages and inexplicably creep up in price.

It's a terrible shame. May be best to keep it as buells are creeping up in value after bottoming following the closure of the factory. Maybe this will happen with modern morinis too?
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I could'nt dissagree more, look at ebay theres tons of parts available, 3x can get any parts needed too. The Morini factory is open taking new bike orders they will very soon be taking parts orders too. The factory is also anserwing email questions as well. Twisty has shown that many parts are sharded across different manufacturers.
Insurers, well my insurance is fully comprehensive, its cheaper then my Triumph which was insured on a Third Party fire and theft policy. More insurance for less, I only have 1yrs no claims discount too, im 43.
I paid with my pipes about £5900 in March 2012. So at the money twisty is selling for theres nothing to loose. I cant comment on the Buell brand I know nothing about them. twisty good luck selling your bike.
Rich
ps if you read this and want one, pm me first for a test ride, mines the same as this one on offer a Corsaro 1200, makes the same BHP as the Veloce and with a few pounds invested will ride the same too. oh nearly forgot mines had all the updates, frankly most of them are not that important.
buell1203

Post by buell1203 »

Fair enough. We all have an opinion. Factory e mails do not relate to supply of spares,something morini were always poor about.

There is a story on the net about a modern morini which was v.o.r. for ages. When it was eventually sorted the owner part exchanged it rapidly.

It is not a reflection on the bikes in general nor the bullish enthusiasm of dealers such as 3x.

I wish the owner well with the sale. It was not my intention to jeapardise attempts to do so.