Primarily gear sprocket

Maestro, SEI-V
Carts

Primarily gear sprocket

Post by Carts »

Hi all.

I’m looking to put a new chain set on my 500. I believe there aren’t any new sets out there.

I have asked talon if they could make me one, they said possibly but circa £120 and would need the shaft the sprocket sits on. I hope if they did a product run it would be cheaper. Is there anybody out there that would want a new front sprocket. I hope to get a full 520 chain set made 14 and 45 tooth respectively
norbert

Re: Primarily gear sprocket

Post by norbert »

I would think that 520 front sprockets should be available in GB as well as in Germany from the usual dealers. I´ve never spend such an amount for it :shock:
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

You won't see sets advertised anywhere I'm afraid. I bought my last 520 front sprocket from Mdina. It is usually in stock there, can't remember about rears but I think it's the same as a Ducati Pantah. With a 520 there is room to fit an 'O' ring chain too.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Carts

Post by Carts »

Hi

I’m afraid www.mdinaitalia.co.uk, have been out of stock for a while. I’ve don’t know any European parts dealers, well did try a Italian contact but just seemed to be going around in circles

If you have any contacts I’d happily use them.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Try the Liebrabdt brothers, they are the successores of Wolfgang Tritsch :wink:
https://www.tremezzo.de/impressum.html
Carts

Post by Carts »

Thanks Norbert

I’ll drop them a email.
Carts

Post by Carts »

Hi just received info from tressemo. They don’t have any sprockets. They get there’s from uk. MDINA.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Well, That's a surprise! If all else fails, a lot of vintage bike owners where nothing is available for their machines, will get a blank sprocket fitted to an original sprocket inner. Teeth ground off the original then the new blank machined to size and welded in place. Costs a bit obviously but still not the amounts you were quoted for small batch production. I think a search of something like 'Old Bike Mart' could be useful. If I see any adverts I'll post here.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Neadethal

Post by Neadethal »

I have a 1954 Monet Goyon and did exactly as Steve suggested, had old front sprocket turned down and New "opened up", and them welded together, worked a treat.
Have also has bespoke sprockets made but supplier appears to have gone bust sure it was B&H or similar.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

The sprocket people were B&C. I got a rear made up about 18 months ago. Turns out they have been taken over and no longer make sprockets. I then approached Supersprox who will make one. Not UK based.Double the price though. Crazy times.
John
Ming

Post by Ming »

I have two used sprockets in my odds and ends box. Both 14 teeth. One is a 14*1187, splined mount, the other a 14*1170 'oval' mount. If either is of use they are available.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Try JT sprockets. You may need to do some digging, but they also include measurements.

I'll dig out the packet I kept for my bike as a guide.
Carts

Post by Carts »

I did try JT sprocket and they couldn’t help.

I think I may have found one in Germany. So fingers crossed.

The one I have at present is perfectly serviceable I just felt new chan a sprocket’s wouldn’t do ant harm.

Thank all for your time and suggestion’s.
Neadethal

Post by Neadethal »

B&c express were bought out by Dutch company and incorporated into Hoco parts but their Lincolnshire phone number is still listed, might be worth a call