My New Corsaro...

Singles built before the Lambertini era
MickeyMoto

Re: My New Corsaro...

Post by MickeyMoto »

My dad had a 1965 175 Bantam. Used it to commute to London, then Brighton. My brother then had it to commute to Farnborough on a Moday and back on Friday. He sensibly sold it for a CD175.

Bantams are great workhorses. Shame about the brakes.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Nice D3? or D5? there. And your house looks grand too! I took my Corsaro for it's first proper run today, 25 miles there and 25 back, to a retired motards hangout in Warwickshire. All sorts of modern and ancient machinery ridden in by exclusively ancient pensioners to Hoar Park for a cuppa and cake.
For my Corsaro I think there is more performance to come, but not a lot. Practical maximum is currently a true 40/45mph (as measured by my GPS cycle computer) while the Veglia instrument is showing 80kph, in true Morini speedo style. While there is more to be gained by getting a better carb and set up, there can't be a lot more speed to come as the revs are so high at these speeds. Gearing is standard too.
Still, it got me there and back with no failures to proceed and nothing fell off. I have some new jets coming for the two old carbs I have (one carb is completely the wrong model-but it runs better than the standard type which I think is still a little blocked up) so will do some more testing soon.
So I'm not quite ready for a Moto Giro just yet.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

You should have said that you were going to Hoar Park - I would have forsaken my weekly yoga (trying to keep legs able to swing over bikes!) to pop along for a brew!
Ming

Post by Ming »

MickeyMoto wrote: 02 Nov 2022 08:21 ...Bantams are great workhorses. Shame about the brakes.
Brakes? There are brakes?
Steve Brown wrote: 02 Nov 2022 14:16 Nice D3? or D5? there. And your house looks grand too! ...
Thanks, its a 1956 D3 Major, the house is just one of the many 'Belles Demeures' around here - but imagine the upkeep!
BTW, I don't know what carb is fitted to the Corsaro, but I have changed the old Amal on the Bantam for a Dellorto PHBG. They are easily obtained, easy to set up and fairly old looking, so doesn't look out of place.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Vitesse wrote: 02 Nov 2022 16:53 You should have said that you were going to Hoar Park - I would have forsaken my weekly yoga (trying to keep legs able to swing over bikes!) to pop along for a brew!
I'll let you know next time. As this was my first run out I didn't want to promise anyone I'd be there in case I had to turn back for repairs! I have some new parts on the way for it and will wait till they arrive before I try any more rides on the tiddler. The Street Tracker is back on the bench now and coming along nicely... 8)
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Ming wrote: 03 Nov 2022 07:41
MickeyMoto wrote: 02 Nov 2022 08:21 ...Bantams are great workhorses. Shame about the brakes.
Brakes? There are brakes?
Steve Brown wrote: 02 Nov 2022 14:16 Nice D3? or D5? there. And your house looks grand too! ...
Thanks, its a 1956 D3 Major, the house is just one of the many 'Belles Demeures' around here - but imagine the upkeep!
BTW, I don't know what carb is fitted to the Corsaro, but I have changed the old Amal on the Bantam for a Dellorto PHBG. They are easily obtained, easy to set up and fairly old looking, so doesn't look out of place.
Interestingly, I have been looking at those PHBG and almost hit the buy button at Stein Dinse. I stopped when I saw it was a 6-8 week lead time. Then I noticed there are copies from the East at bargain prices. Still not bought one yet but if a few new jets don't cure things I may well try a Chinese copy Dellorto. They cost about the same as a couple of Dellorto genuine jets!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

I tried a few new jets as planned and while they proved I was on the right track with my diagnosis the general state of the carb bodies I have mean a new replacement will be the next step.
It is getting better every time I ride it, still not the performance I'd dreamed of though.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Sorry for the lack of updates as I'm sure you are all worried I've given up. Well I haven't thrown the towel in and have in fact made progress. If toy want to see a little snippet of it take a look at my You Tube channel thing! it's @stevebrown7584 or something like that. Or better still just search youtoob for Steve Brown Morini. Guaranteed hours of entertainment. It is for me anyway. Yes that was a shameless plug for my channel. Apparently people earn money from the rubbish they publish, if a few of you click subscribe then I might too! You need at least 1000 subscribers to monetise your video drivel so please sign up-it's free to you and as of today I only need 988 more!
This time next year I'll be a millionaire and you'll have the satisfaction of having helped me along! There's a pint in it for you if you catch me at the bar.